For previous reports go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about.
Rating: 6.62
Rating: 4.10
Rating: 4.29
Rating: 4.38
Rating: 4.33
Rating: 3.86
Rating: 1.10
Rating: 3.33
Rating: 4.76
Rating: 4.71
Rating: 3.67
85 mins
Rating: 2.24
66 mins
Rating: 4.76
45 mins
Rating: 3.43
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the MoM League Table.

Member No:
Seven goals to nil, not a lot you can take from that you would think. Well lets have a go.

The game started quite nicely enough, George and Ken's game plan of bypassing both midfields and immediately pressurising the Livvie goal looked a good decision. Within the first few minutes, Geordie Rowe had watched in agony as his netbound, keeper beating, header was scrambled off the line then Marc Cleeland had to endure the same agony as his powerful shot was also scrambled clear by the Livvie defence.

The difference between the two teams in the first twenty minutes was that Livvie took their one chance whilst Queens had not managed to take the few that they'd had. The Livvie goal coming in the fourteenth minute down the right hand side and when the ball was played across the face of the box Ray McKinnon struck a lovely shot into the bottom right hand corner giving 'keeper Hillcoat no chance.

Queens were, however, giving as good as they got but then disaster struck in the twenty third minute as Steven Leslie decided to push the laws of the game to the limit as he crashed into a tackle on the grounded Marino Keith, in the fracas that followed Scotland's top whistler, Hugh Dallas, decreed that the challenge was worthy of a red card and that was basically the game over.
[Red card for Leslie]
Leslie receives his marching orders
With eleven men Queens had a chance, with ten it was a monumental task against a Livvie side full of quality players. John Hillcoat did however prove his worth once again with a number of fine stops in the remainder of the first half. The half ended remarkably at 1-0 to Livvie, but Queens had to re-organise if they were to stand any chance of turning the game back their way.

The second half saw McMillan replaced by Kerr who then took up a midfield role and Queens playing with three at the back, all or nothing stuff. It looked promising too as Queens forced a couple of corners in the opening minutes of the half.

It wasn't to last long though, as the dreaded fifty to fifty ninth minute mark arrived, and sure enough by the time we reached the fifty ninth minute the score had changed to 4-0. The fourth being a lovely little left foot curler by Alan Kerr into the back of his own net.
[Mallan and Hawke]
Mallan and Hawke combine down the left
The sixtieth minutes were a bit better with only two more conceded, more notable however was the introduction of Bryan Caldwell for Ken Eadie, Cody immediately made his mark and was unlucky on a number of occasions not to find the back of the net.

The final nail in the Queen of the South Scottish Cup coffin for this season was delivered in the final minute and was missed by a number of home fans who had already decided that a place in front of the fire with the feet up watching the telly was more appealing than a wet, windy and woeful Palmerston today.

Oh and by the way you can relive the agony again tonight as the game is featured on BBC Scotland Sportscene, aaagh!
[Number seven for Livvie]
The Livvie support rise to celebrate number seven

[Back to Queens front page]