For previous reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 6.69
Rating: 6.92
Rating: 6.31
Rating: 7.67
Rating: 6.47
Rating: 6.03
Rating: 6.53
Rating: 6.72
P Atkinson
Rating: 6.53
Rating: 6.31
Rating: 7.53
56 mins
Rating: 4.36
70 mins
Rating: 5.17
80 mins
Rating: 5.86
Rating: -
Rating: -
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the MoM League Table.

Member No:
Despite the torrential rain today which made the conditions underfoot treacherous both sides managed to serve up what was an entertaining match from start to finish. Only one change was made to the line up with Warren Hawke earning a starting place in midfield and Phil Nixon having to be content with a seat on the bench.

Queens started brightly in front of their home support and within only a couple of minutes had threatened the Bankies goal a couple of times with Paddy Atkinson combining well with the lively Peter Weatherson. It was that combination that gave Queens the lead as Paddy's never say die attitude won him the ball on the edge of the box, he played it through the defence and Weatherson was one on one with the advancing 'keeper. Peter managed to get to the ball first and lifted it over Wylie in the Bankies goal for his seventh of the season.

Queens then came under the cosh for fifteen minutes or so but the defence, with Ronnie McQuilter outstanding against the team only three weeks ago he had been playing for, was holding firm, although David Mathieson on a couple of occasions demonstrated that he is second to none when it comes to shot stopping.

Queens handled the pressure well and then came back at the Bankies with Weatherson, Atkinson and Suddick providing the opportunities and the combination looking dangerous every time that they had the ball. A lay off by Weatherson in the twentieth minute found Paddy Atkinson who could only blast over the bar from twenty five yards. Then from the same distance the hardworking Stuart Davidson worked an opening in front of goal and drove his shot goalward only for Wylie to make a critical one handed stop to put the ball over the bar. In the twenty seventh minute Warren Hawke could only look on in despair as his flick over the 'keeper struck the bar.

Queens continued to press right up until half time, Stephen Pickering giving Peter Weatherson a headed chance but his effort was high and wide, then back in the Queens defence David Mathieson made a terrific block to deny Clydebank an equaliser.

No changes to the home line up at half time, and it was the visitors who made the first chance with Mathieson again having to look smart to block an effort, this time with his legs as he rapidly closed the angle.

Twelve minutes into the half and disaster for Queens, firstly their rhythm was upset by the loss of Paddy Atkinson who had to leave the field on a stretcher and immediately from the corner that he had been defending the ball was swept across with the Dumfries defence once more this season posted missing and the Bankies trialist having the easiest of tasks to nod the ball past the helpless Mathieson.

The match then became bogged down for long periods with Mathieson electing to kick the length of the park in an attempt to release Weatherson but the tactic did not produce any great results. Chances were being evenly spread with Mathieson making some good blocks and with both Suddick and Weatherson causing similar problems in the visiting defence.
Queens keep pressing for a winner.
New signing Steven Skinner was given ten minutes action today and immediately endeared himself to the home fans with a determined run down the left and cross then later some determined ball winning on the right culminating in a turn and shot which just whisked past the far post.

Queens made a last ditch all out attempt for the winner which so nearly paid off, a ball from Muir first ending up on Denis Boyles toe but the youngster having his shot blocked away then out and back in again to Skinner who was met by the 'keeper and a defender as the ball reached him and it was cleared from the danger zone.

The game ended all square and really both teams will be reasonably happy with a share of the points although Queens certainly had the livelier forwards with them having thirteen shots on goal to the Bankies eight.

[Back to Queens front page]