Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 5.08
Rating: 4.98
Rating: 5.19
Rating: 4.24
Rating: 4.33
Rating: 4.83
Rating: 4.10
Rating: 4.76
Rating: 4.27
Rating: 6.60
Rating: 4.48
S1 - 46
Rating: 3.43
S2 - 46
Rating: 4.08
S3 - 62
Rating: 3.68
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
Despite a bright opening few minutes it was Airdrie United who secured their play-off place this afternoon as they comfortably defeated what can best be described as an experimental Queens line up. Ian McCall, in his last game in charge of the side, decided to revert to his favoured, but ultimately unsuccessful, three at the back system. Andy Aitken saw his first start of the season last a mere 45 minutes as McCall was forced to revert to a conventional 4-4-2 line up after half time. Neil Scally was given a new role today too as he was thrust into the middle of the three man defence with Paton and McQuilken acting as wing backs. The midfield saw Stevie Tosh last 45 minutes but again sacrificed at half time to allow Stevie Murray to take up his wide role. Stephen Dobbie sat infront of the midfield but just behind the front two of Sean O'Connor and Graham Weir.

Queens only and best chance came in the first minute as Stephen Dobbie found some space and fired a curling effort past Robertson in the United goal to see it crash off the post and away to be met by Jamie McQuilken as he came in at the far post but he could only blast high over the bar.

Dobbie (out of picture) sees his shot crash off the post with Robertson beaten
Somewhat against the run of play Airdrie United scored in the tenth minute as Jamie MacDonald failed to come out for a cross ball and Stuart Taylor bundled the ball over the line to the delight of the near 1000 United fans who must be complemented for their numbers and the support that they gave their side from start to finish.

The first goal is knocked in - Photograph from Sandy Robertson
Nine minutes later and again slightly against the run of play Aidrie United scored a second as an initial effort ended up at the feet of Ian Harty with his back to goal, the man that many Queens fans love to hate yet again scored at Palmerston as he hooked the ball over his body and into the back of the net with the Queens defence yet again in disarray.

Harty whips it in with Aitken beaten
Queens picked up a couple of bookings in the remaining minutes of the half, both coming when Stephen McKenna was adjudged to have been fouled by first Tosh and then Adams as the Airdrie United player fell dramatically to the turf.

Half time saw the two substitutions with Aitken and Tosh replaced by Lauchlan and Murray.

Reverting to a 4-4-2 made little difference to Queens as they by now seemed to have accepted defeat. Indeed the best chance of the half came just fifteen minutes in as a Stephen Dobbie header actually ended up out for a throw in!

Jamie McQuilken was next to find the referee's notebook following yet another fall from an opponent, this time it was on the edge of the box. The wall took an age to be set up as the referee made sure it was positioned perfectly, in the end Paul Lovering struck an effort that took a deflection off the wall and spun past Jamie MacDonald and into the back of the net to make the Airdrie United win assured.

Weir tries to block but he and O'Connor only manage to deflect the ball past MacDonald for number 3
The match saw precious few chances at either end after the break as Queens couldn't make an impression on the visitors defence and the visitors were happy at 3-0. Two more bookings were dished out to Queens players, Murray and Dobbie before Jim Lauchlan was shown a red card for elbowing an opponent. It wasn't a dirty match in the slightest but somehow Queens received five yellows and one red whilst Airdrie United didn't see any cards at all.

Potter gets to grips with Stevie Murray
The final action of note was a point blank save by Jamie MacDonald from Brian McPhee in added time.

It is better just to say that it was a very unsatisfactory performance to round off what has been a bad week for Queens.

Well done to the Airdrie United fans who sang from start to finish and good luck in the play-offs

[Back to Queens front page]