Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 4.84
Rating: 5.58
Rating: 5.54
Rating: 4.50
Rating: 5.04
Rating: 4.84
Rating: 5.35
Rating: 5.46
Rating: 5.08
Rating: 5.88
Rating: 5.00
S1 - 54
Rating: 4.62
S2 - 59
Rating: 4.92
S3 - 74
Rating: 4.79
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
It was all change again in the disjointed end to the season Queens are having. With Ryan McCann, Andy Aitken and Bob Harris all a booking away from starting next season suspended they were all given a seat in the stand to protect them from it. In addition, Stephen Grindlay was given another run ahead of Jamie MacDonald in goal but McQuilken, Tosh and Dobbie all stepped back into the starting line up after sitting out the Dundee game last week. Neil MacFarlane returned as far as the bench where, alongside MacDonald and John Stewart were two players probably involved in a league game for Queens for the last time, Eric Paton and John O'Neill.

Queens controlled the bulk of early possession but it was 18 minutes before either side threatened goal. On that occasion McQuilken's swinging cross from the left was turned narrowly past his own goal by Scott Morrison under pressure at the back post. The corner came to nothing but Queens continued to dominate proceedings with The Pars only having an Alex Burke shot miles over the top to show for things. Around the half hour mark Burns twice burst through onto clever passes but looked to cut back to O'Connor rather than shoot on both occasions. The first was blocked by a defender and the second couldn't quite be turned home. A couple of minutes later Scott Robertson burst through onto a long ball forward completely untracked by any defender. The ball held up perfectly and he lobbed the advancing Gallacher but narrowly missed the target. Queens were bursting forward at will now and Gilmour almost laid O'Connor in but Gallacher anticipated it well and smothered at the striker's feet.

Burns is clean through - from David Gow on the terraces
Up the other end Burchill smashed home on 39 minutes but had fouled Jim Lauchlan in the build up and the strike was correctly ruled out. The half finished though with an incredible miss by Paul Burns, sent completely clear by Stevie Tosh's through ball. He tried to commit Gallacher before finishing but the strike wasn't quite good enough and the former Scotland keeper was able to smother despite being on the ground already.

Dunfermline began the second half with the same eleven but replaced player manager Jim McIntyre with Sol Bamba after just a minute which makes you wonder why they didn't just make the change at half time? It was the home side who broke the deadlock straight away. Grindlay punched a ball he maybe should have caught and when the ball was played back into the box it was helped on and Scott Thomson lifted the ball over Grindlay from beyond the back post area.

Dobbs breaks through - from David Gow on the terraces
On 55 minutes John Stewart replaced Dobbie but Dunfermline doubled their advantage seconds later as Calum Woods burst past two defenders on the right and crossed low for Iain Williamson to plant the ball behind Grindlay from six yards. Four minutes later John O'Neill took his bow as replacement for Paul Burns. Two goals became three almost straight away though Glass cross for Mark Burchill to head home. It had all looked so bright in the opening period but was quickly turning very sour. Morrison almost added a fourth with a 20 yard drive narrowly past the post.

Gilmour organises a free kick - from David Gow on the terraces
Iain Williamson picked up what looked like a hamstring injury in 67 minutes and was replaced by Paul Willis.Five minutes later Stephen Glass also collected an injury that would end his game and was replaced by Stuart Dearden. Nicky Phinn struck wide before, on 75 minutes, Eric Paton got his chance for a final league appearance in relief of Sean O'Connor. That meant John O'Neill moving up front alongside Stewart. With ten minutes remaining Burchill went clear down the right and crossed into the six yard box but Craig Reid saved another goal with a tremendous last ditch challenge. Next it was Sol Bamba on a mazy run through the back line and Jim Thomson sliced a clearance from his strike over his own bar. The 4th wasn't to be delayed for long as Nicky Phinn burst down the right and crossed in for Mark Burchill to slide home his second goal of the day.

Gilmour breaks through - from David Gow on the terraces
There were no further close calls though and Queens league campaign ended with the worst defeat of the season, not that anyone in the travelling support seemed to care too much. There are bigger fish to fry in the next month!

Ewan Lithgow

Fancy dress time again - from David Gow on the teracing

Davie Rae? - from David Gow on the terraces

Fan fun - from David Gow on the terraces

Fan fun - from David Gow on the terraces

Laurel and Hardy at EEP - from David Gow on the terraces

[Back to Queens front page]