Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
LIVINGSTON 0 : 1 QUEEN OF THE SOUTH 23rd December 2006
Rating: 7.33
Rating: 6.74
J Thomson
Rating: 8.48
Rating: 6.81
Rating: 7.78
Rating: 6.89
Rating: 8.22
Rating: 6.93
Rating: 6.69
Rating: 5.92
Rating: 7.37
S1 - 25
A Thomson
Rating: 6.22
S2 - 66
Rating: 6.07
S3 - 75
Rating: 6.48
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
Ian McCall made three changes to his starting eleven at Almondvale. With Andrew Barrowman having returned to Kilmarnock at the end of his loan spell Sean O'Connor stepped back into the team. Back from suspension came Willie Gibson on the left of a midfield four which meant Murray Henderson was the unlucky one of the three centre halves to miss out. Finally with Paul Burns unavailable in came Scott Robertson on the right. Barry John Corr also returned to the bench despite having been informed this week that he has no future at the club.

Queens started the brighter and made plenty of early inroads into Livi territory. Craig Wight made a good block from a Sean O'Connor header and then McPake deflected a Paton drive out for a corner. Midway through the half Graham Weir was involved in a clash of heads with an opponent and after a minute or two's treatment he was replaced by Andy Thomson. Whilst Queens were down to ten men though Scott Robertson made a fine burst into the box and looped a shot just over the Livi crossbar. On the half hour mark Andy Thomson spotted Gibson in space on the left and the winger cut inside before stinging the palms of Craig Wight with a curling drive. A couple of minutes later though Liam Fox didn't miss the top right corner by much with a 25 yard free kick. Next up McPake headed a Makel free kick straight at Hinchcliffe and as Queens broke forward, Andy Thomson set up Scott Robertson for another drive at goal smothered by Wight at the second attempt.

As the half drew towards a close Queens continued to press and Livingston continued to struggle at the back. With two minutes remaining Robertson seized on another error to rifle a shot at Wight that the keeper parried out for a corner. Next to try his luck was Scally, slicing a shot wide left after good build up play. The half ended with Queens much in the ascendancy but again with no goals to show for it.

Big Sean in the mix
Livingston made a half time switch with Robert Snodgrass replacing Neil Teggart. The half was only a minute old when Gibson's free kick was met at the back post by Sean O'Connor and tipped away for a corner again by the impressive Wight. Just after the hour mark John Robertson showed his positive intent to win the game with a double change as Joe Hamill and Steven Craig replaced Liam Fox and Graham Dorrans. A few minutes later Warren Moon replaced Scott Robertson. On 70 minutes Jim Lauchlan picked up the game's first booking for an aerial challenge on Snodgrass. With quarter of an hour remaining McCall made an unexpected change when Murray Henderson replaced the tiring O'Connor up front!

With ten minutes remaining came a great chance as a backpass to Wight left him scrambling and he kicked the ball directly to Murray Henderson. The big man had all the time in the world but tried to hit it first time and skied the ball over the empty net. The drama was far from over though. In 84 minutes Eric Paton put a free kick into the box, John O'Neill headed back across goal and Jim Thomson of all people produced an overhead kick into the top right corner of goal. In the aftermath came chaos as a disappointed James McPake booted the loose ball and knocked referee Mike McCurry to the ground by accident. He needed lengthy treatment before the game could continue. Meantime McCall immediately sent Murray Henderson to play at the back. For the first time in four weeks though this time Queens held on comfortably for the win that lifts us temporarily at least into 8th, the highest placing of the season!

Queens press forward

One for the history books - a Jim Thomson overhead kick - from David Gow on the terracing - Original format

One for the history books - a Jim Thomson overhead kick - from David Gow on the terracing - Alternative video format (avi clip) if you cannot get the original format clip to play on your machine
Ewan Lithgow
Photo's - David Gow

[Back to Queens front page]