Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 6.59
Rating: 6.23
Rating: 6.52
Rating: 6.48
Rating: 7.48
Rating: 6.07
Rating: 6.39
Rating: 6.21
Rating: 5.97
Rating: 6.69
Rating: 6.38
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
Steve Tosh(suspension) and Paul Burns(illness) came straight back into the starting line-up today at the expense of John O'Neill and Scott Robertson. The Dunfermline side they were to meet looked to be full of players with an impressive pedigree and who were only three points behind them in the league table.

It was Queens that started with a purpose and within eight minutes had taken the lead. Ryan McCann broke forward and received a great ball from Stephen Dobbie. Long range specialist McCann shot for goal, but this time from about 10 yards forcing Gallacher into a great two handed save to push the ball out for a corner. McCann then took the corner which eventually fell to Steve Tosh. Tosh looked up and saw Bob Harris at the back post, the midfielder lobbed the ball through to Harris who composed himself before striking the effort low past Gallacher to score his first ever senior goal and give Queens the lead.

Wee Bob gets his first goal - from Rob Campbell on the teracing

Harris pulls the trigger
Tosh then gave the home fans and keeper Jamie MacDonald a scare as he elected to clear a cross ball by heading it forcefully over his own cross bar. Paul Burns though almost added to his season's tally moments later as he mad it into the 6 yard box but could only lift the ball over the bar as Gallacher covered his goal well.

Sean's effort is pushed over the bar - from Rob Campbell on the teracing
With 25 minutes of the game gone Ryan McCann was booked for a tackle on the edge of the box, it looked a little soft but the referee decided that it actually warranted a yellow card. The execution of the free kick was perfect as Scott Morrison curled an effort over the wall and into the far right corner of the goal giving Jamie MacDonald no chance and tying the scores.

McCann makes the tackle that gets him booked

Jamie can't reach the looping effort from Morrision - from Sandy Robertson
And with 10 minutes of the half left Sean O'Connor was just a fraction too late as he slid in towards goal only to see a ball squared across the edge of the box by Stephen Dobbie pass him by.

The second half was to be goaless but much more controversial than the first.

It started with a superb combination save from first Jamie MacDonald as he denied Nicky Phinn, but as the ball broke back to Phinn with MacDonald stranded Bob Harris showed superb skill in stretching around Phinn and taking the ball away from the Pars player as he looked to finish into an empty net.

The real controversy started with twenty minutes of the half gone when Sean O'Connor was barged over in the box by a Pars defender, 2,114 people in the ground thought that it was a stonewall penalty, however the only two that had any influence over it thought differently and waved play on. Both Stephen Dobbie and Steve Tosh were booked for questioning the referee's decision as a group of Queens players surrounded the man in florescent yellow asking for an explanation - the only explanation they got was a yellow card.

Paul Burns then broke through the Pars rear guard and made his way toward goal, however the flag from the far side linesman eventually went up and play was pulled back.

Offside Burnsy? - from Rob Campbell on the teracing
With ten minutes left there was a second clear cut penalty claim as the referee and linesman both failed to see a Pars player handle in the box. It looked as thought here was to be only one way to win the game and that was to score from open play. Steve Tosh had a good chance and curled a nice ball toward the far side of the goal, however it takes a better effort than that to beat a keeper of Paul Gallacher's quality and he got across goal well to collect the ball.

With time running out Queens were pressing for what would have been a deserved winner and Gallacher again foiled the home strike force with a great save from Sean O'Connor, then from a ball played back in following a corner another blatant hand ball was missed by the far side linesman as a Pars defender almost carried the ball away from Sean O'Connor at the far post.

Whilst the game finished all square it was the home side that had produced the better chances and deserved more from the game, the fact that there were at least four penalty claims turned down just served to emphasise the case.

[Back to Queens front page]