For previous reports go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about.
Rating: 6.50
Rating: 5.56
Rating: 5.69
Rating: 5.06
Rating: 6.00
Rating: 6.25
Rating: 4.81
Rating: 5.38
Rating: 6.81
Rating: 7.31
Rating: 6.44
57 mins
Rating: 5.63
57 mins
Rating: 5.13
62 mins
Rating: 5.38
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the MoM League Table.

Member No:
Queens took to the field at Forthbank today with the sizeable travelling support looking for a committed performance in what was seen as a good chance to close the deficit at the bottom of the league.

The first half however saw a Dumfries side that appeared uncomfortable with the ball and lacking cohesion in defence and midfield. Admittedly there was a makeshift look about the centre of defence and the pairing of Duncan and Robison were a lot more comfortable after the break once an understanding had developed. The midfield though just could not find the composure to unlock the leakiest defence in the league enough times.

Queens started brightly and again helped themselves to an early lead, a John Dickson right wing ball was headed back across goal by Warren Hawke to the eager Charlie Adams, who easily nodded home the opener.
[Adams about to net] Adams about to open the scoring.
The remainder of the half saw Albion dominating what was not by any means a classic match.

In nineteen minutes Ally Graham just managed to get enough of his head onto a cross to put it past a despairing Mathieson's outstretched fingers and equalise the scores. Then just before the break the Bino's were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Queens box, after Queens had lost possession from a throw in. A mammoth defensive effort was put into dealing with the free kick as every blue shirt was positioned behind the ball. It made no difference though as Ally Graham 'curled' the ball past the wall and into the net to give the home fans something to smile about at half time.

The Doonhamers team remained the same after the break but Charlie Adams had swapped his centre forward berth with Stevie Mallan's left wing one.

Paul Stewart took an early knock in the second half and had to leave the field after twelve minutes to be replaced by Ally McMillan, at the same time John Gallagher replaced Alan Kerr and took up a more central role this week. Five minutes later and Queens made another substitution, a less popular one this time, as the hard working John Dickson was replaced by Mark Weir. The team reshuffled at this point with Charlie Adams switching to the right wing and Mark Weir given the left side.

The team began to find more success and within three minutes of the substitution had scored the equaliser, again from Charlie Adams, although this time from his left foot as he found himself in a crowded box but managed to turn his marker and give the keeper little chance.
[Adams celebrates] Chico shows his delight.
Queens upped the tempo at this point and had Stirling on the back foot for much of the reminder of the half, Albion being restricted to break away attacks mainly through the skills of Paul McGrillen who had one effort in particular brilliantly turned away by Mathieson.

Queens were pushing hard and a clash of heads between Gardiner in the Bino's goal and Hawke saw the Albion keeper replaced by defender Graeme Donald. Despite their best efforts Queen's couldn't test the stand in keeper and had to settle for a share of the points.

The fans left the ground with the Forthbank announcer declaring that Stenhousemuir had been defeated by Alloa, this had only been a latest score however and with Stenny netting twice in the last eight minutes sees Queens now five points adrift with five matches to play. A tall order but it aint over 'till it's over.

[Back to Queens front page]