Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 7.28
Rating: 7.12
Rating: 6.48
Rating: 6.42
Rating: 6.44
Rating: 5.79
Rating: 4.79
Rating: 7.44
Rating: 6.56
Rating: 6.00
Rating: 7.16
S1 - 41
Rating: 6.08
S2 - 65
Rating: 5.96
S3 - 78
Rating: 5.00
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
Despite fitness concerns for Steve Tosh and Sean O'Connor Queens named an unchanged eleven for the third game in a row with Andy Barrowman retaining the spot on the right of midfield. Jamie Adams however was not fit enough to even make the bench. Thistle welcomed defensive lynch-pin Alan Archibald back from suspension and fielded the prolific Mark Roberts up front ably supported by Derek Young.

The game had a scrappy start with neither team getting their passing right early on. Queens were first to show willing though when, after eight minutes, Eric Paton got behind the full back to put in a fine cross which was volleyed narrowly past at the back post by Stevie Murray. A minute later though Adam Strachan blew Paton away in a sprint down the left and crossed low across the face of goal. The ball was picked up eventually by Mark Roberts who curled an effort wide of the far post. The closest chance of the opening period arrived in 13 minutes when a long clearance was headed on by O'Connor and sat up perfectly for Dobbie to half-volley from the edge of the penalty area wide right. The shot beat Tuffey easily but narrowly missed the left post. A few moments later Jimmy Gibson caused chaos in the Queens back line with a dangerous free kick but the same player found himself in the book soon after for a bad foul on Scally as he tried to bring the ball clear out of defence.

Partick's one legged defender tussles with Sean (Photo from David Gow)
About half an hour in it became clear that Steve Tosh was struggling with his knee again and, though he soldiered on for ten minutes he was eventually relieved by John O'Neill. Andy Barrowman had been playing in central midfield whilst Tosh was struggling but reverted back to the right on O'Neill's introduction. Before the interval Stevie Murray tried his luck from long range but failed to trouble Tuffey and then Lauchlan made a goal saving challenge at the other end.

In 51 minutes Billy Gibson struck a low free kick narrowly past the post as Thistle began the second period in the ascendancy. On 63 minutes Thistle replaced Billy Gibson with Brown Ferguson and Queens brought on Weir for the strangely quiet Stephen Dobbie. Within seconds fine curling cross almost let Thistle in on goal but MacDonald's presence was enough to avert the danger. Five minutes later Scott Boyd was booked for a challenge on Murray and seconds later only Tuffey's wonder reaction stop prevented John O'Neill giving Queens the lead from Weir's knock down.

McQuilken closes down (Photo from Haydn Gleed)
In 73 minutes MacDonald made a great save from Young and when the loose ball bounced to the edge of the box Andy Barrowman was stronger into the challenge than his opponent despite the vociferous appeals of the home support for a penalty. Seconds later Barrowman was in the right place again to head behind another dangerous cross and when the corner was cleared again by Barrowman it was Queens who broke dangerously and O'Connor really should have scored when through on goal rather than sclaff his shot to the nearest defender. McCall made his final change with 12 minutes to go when Paul Burns replaced Stevie Murray.

A long ball forward is chased (Photo from David Gow)
With 7 minutes to go Allan Russell replaced Jimmy Gibson as Thistle decided to go more attacking in the final period and five minutes later Sam Morrow replaced Adam Strachan. Neither team really looked like breaking the deadlock though and in the end a scoreless draw was about right, though we definitely had the best chances of the game. It's eleven unbeaten though and another point towards safety. Next up is a chance to wrap it up at home to Livingston.

Ewan Lithgow

[Back to Queens front page]