Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 6.22
Rating: 6.29
Rating: 5.27
Rating: 6.92
Rating: 5.65
Rating: 5.67
Rating: 5.69
Rating: 3.98
Rating: 6.77
Rating: 5.43
Rating: 5.73
S1 - 30
Rating: 4.83
S2 - 67
Rating: 5.38
S3 - 82
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
With not even enough fit players to fill the first sixteen today it was a radical reshuffle that saw Queens revert, at least for the first thirty minutes, to a 3-5-2 formation. The backline saw Andy Aitken come in from the cold and take up the left side of the three, Ackers went on to produce a solid performance and came closest to scoring for the home side, Neil McGregor sat in the middle and Jim Thomson the right. The five across the middle had McQuilken and Harris at right and left wing backs respectively with Robertson, Scally and Bingham between the two. Up front it was Dobbie and O'Connor. The bench today had the fit Gilmour, Burns, O'Neill and Grindlay with the injured Paton making up the numbers.

Queens started the match in promising fashion and Scott Robertson may have set the record for the quickest ball into Terregles Street as he could have done better when latching on to a Sean O'Connor pass. Bob Harris was just offside as he looked to lob Gallacher in the Pars goals. Robertson again was presented with a chance, this time following some great work from Stephen Dobbie, the young midfielder did little more than pass back to Gallacher who collected comfortably.

On twenty five minutes there were loud claims for a penalty as the ball came in from a throw on the right and the ball appeared to strike the raised arm of Sol Bamba. The referee was on the spot and wasn't impressed with the claim. At the other end the impressive Stephen Glass looked to place the ball in the back of the net but Jim Thomson demonstrated remarkable dexterity to twist backwards and head the ball away from danger. Another penalty claim followed but this time for Dunfermline as Jamie McQuilken appeared to run into the back of Mark Burchill in the box, again though referee Willie Collum was on the spot to deny the claim.

The game really fell apart for Queens on thirty minutes with yet another injury. This time Sean O'Connor went down with what appeared to be a knee injury, the big striker had to leave the field and whilst John O'Neill waited to come on Dunfermline raced up the park and Burchill struck the ball goalward. Jamie MacDonald pushed away the first effort but only as far as the in-rushing Tom McManus. The striker eagerly accepted the chance and slid the ball past MacDonald to give his side the lead.

McManus slips it past MacDonald
O'Neill was then introduced and the formation re-organised to 4-4-2. McQuilken to left back, Aitken and Thomson in the middle and McGowan on the right. Bingham moved out of the midfield and partnered Dobbie up front whilst O'Neill stepped into midfield.

O'Neill was an early substitute
Dunfermline were comfortably containing Queens whilst not posing any great threat themselves. Scott Robertson picked up the home sides only booking after a late lunge in the fortieth minute. The final action of the half was a free kick for Queens thirty yards out worked between Harris and Dobbie, the later blasting over the bar.

The second half started with Queens pressing forward from the start, the best chance falling to Andy Aitken who, from a corner, nodded the ball onto the face of the bar before being cleared by the Pars defence. David Bingham then passed up a chance to shoot as he was put clean through by Stephen Dobbie but didn't get his shot away. On twenty four minutes Neil McGowan slammed the ball over the bar from a tight angle after being fed in by a combination of Harris and Dobbie.

Aitken's header skims the bar - Photo from Sandy Robertson
Gordon Chisholm made his first unenforced change as he replaced Neil McGowan with Brian Gilmour. Scally dropping back to the right back slot and Gilmour given the right wing to make some chances from. Jamie MacDonald almost managed to turn himself from hero to villain with fifteen minutes to go. He firstly made a great save from Mark Burchill then produced what was so close to be an embarrassing howler for the young keeper. A pass back was heading out for a corner and MacDonald decided to try to head the ball back into his box rather than concede the corner, his header fell nicely to a Pars forward who had the whole goal to aim at and made no mistake to slot the ball into the net, fortunately for Queens the ball had just crept out of play and the best the Fifers were getting was a corner.

With five minutes or so left David Bingham was taken off and replaced with Paul Burns, John O'Neill moved upfront. As the crowd filtered away Queens didn't give up. Brian Gilmour, again the man with the creative streak, found himself in the penalty area, as he shaped for a shot a defender toppled the young midfielder and a penalty was awarded. A misunderstanding between Dobbie and Gilmour would be the kindest way to describe the disagreement over who would be taking the penalty, as it turned out it was Dobbie who was instructed to be allowed to take it and his effort was well saved by Paul Gallacher in the visitors goal.

Dobbies effort is well saved by Gallacher

Gilmour goes down, Gallacher saves from Dobbie - from David Gow on the teracing
So yet another game passes where Queens fans leave disappointed at what has happened in the final few minutes of the game.

[Back to Queens front page]