Reports from matches this season go to the fixtures section and click on the report linked to the match you want to read about. Alternatively for earlier seasons go to the fixtures section of the archive for the relevant year.
Rating: 6.55
Rating: 6.32
J Thomson
Rating: 7.23
Rating: 6.52
Rating: 6.42
Rating: 6.52
Rating: 6.35
Rating: 7.55
Rating: 6.07
Rating: 6.61
Rating: 6.32
S1 - 66
Rating: 6.04
S2 - 73
A Thomson
Rating: 4.93
S3 - 79
Rating: 5.83
Members of the Internet Fan Club can award players marks out of ten for their performance today. The player with the most points awarded in the two days following a match will be the IFC Man of the Match. All of the points will then be added to a running total for each player and the results published in the mom League Table.

Name or IFC No.
Ian McCall made four changes to the side that went down heavily last week. New loan keeper Craig Hinchcliffe replaced Colin Scott in goal with 'Scooter' dropping to the bench and Corr right out of the squad. Neil Scally returned from suspension to replace Scott McKenzie, Jim Thomson stepped back in for the injured McCaffrey and young Scott Robertson replaced Warren Moon. The biggest change thought was in tactics where the back three was again abandoned in favour of a four with Eric Paton on the left of it. Murray Henderson also returned to the bench after a long absence from the squad.

Queens started much the better side and dominated the opening period. In the 4th minute Andy Barrowman headed on Paton's deep free kick and Scott Robertson latched onto the ball. Kenny Arthur was out quickly to block the youngster's effort though. A couple of minutes later Weir dummied Scally's through ball and Barrowman was through with a chance at goal but he screwed his shot across the face. In the 18th minute Scott Robertson lashed a ball across goal which was only just missed by Weir and turned behind for a corner by a defender. It was indeed fully 20 minutes before Derek Young registered Thistle's first shot and it was five yards wide of target!

Queens press forward
The best chance of the half arrived just three minutes from the end of it. Barrowman chased a long ball to the by-line and cut it back for Neil Scally who dinked the ball past a couple of defenders until he could see the whites of the keeper's eyes only to knock the ball past the post with Arthur stranded from 6 yards out.

The second half was only two minutes old when John O'Neill found himself in sight of goal but the referee felt, probably rightly, that he controlled the ball with his arm. Simon Donnelly then picked up the first booking of the game for a late challenge on Scott Robertson. Just after the hour mark Jim Thomson had a great chance but headed over Neil Scally's cross six yards out.

The home crowd were agitated by three incidents in two minutes just after the hour mark. First referee Mr Collum stopped play for an injury to Stephen Swift as Thistle's tried to attack and then Scally chose to compete for the resulting drop ball. Finally the referee strangely waved Stephen Swift on as the ball was running to his area of the park and he stepped on to play the ball which was unusual to say the least. Queens then introduced Barry Callaghan for Willie Gibson in 66 minutes and he was followed onto the park by Graham Gibson who replaced Stephen McConologue for the hosts. In the 73rd minute Andy Thomson replaced Graham Weir as Queens sought the win.Neil Scally was immediately booked for a trip on Jimmy Gibson and seconds later so did Stephen Swift for a foul on the same player. With eleven minutes remaining Adam Strachan replaced Derek Young and Warren Moon replaced Scott Robertson.

Then came the moment we'd worked for all game and thoroughly deserved. Andy Thomson was fouled out by the touchline and Warren Moon hit in a perfect free kick. Up rose Jim Thomson to bullet a header home. Thistle's response was to send on Brown Ferguson for Billy Gibson and straight away the equalised. Stephen Swift gave away a free kick right on the edge of the box and Simon Donnelly lashed the ball perfectly into the top right corner. Brown Ferguson was booked for a foul on Warren Moon as Queens looked to hit back but in the end Thistle came closest to a winner as Eric Paton hooked Simon Donnelly's effort away from the line in the last minute.

JT gets the heid on the ball to beat Arthur

Brilliant fan goal footage - from David Gow on the terracing

Ewan Lithgow
Photographs - David Gow

[Back to Queens front page]